IS/OS testing and access to monthly trade data.

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum IS/OS testing and access to monthly trade data.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jeffpanc
    Participant

Hi,

I just signed up for the free trial of QT. Very impressed with your service. I have been programming new strategies over the years but have wanted to find a tool that would provide me with the opportunity to spend less time programming and more time creating new ideas. I have a process I normally use when creating a strategy: Idea, Goals & Objectives, Preliminary Testing, Walk Forward Optimization, Monte Carlo Analysis, Forward Testing(Incubation), Position Sizing, Portfolio Diversification Analysis and then Live Trading and Monitoring. That’s a mouthful! Anyway, I’m wondering if it’s possible to do in-sample/out of sample testing and also get trade data for Monte Carlo analysis? In my quick (1 day) review of QT I didn’t see anything but I admit I haven’t been very thorough yet. Thanks for your time and effort.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

like your process, very thoughtful! When you run Quanttrader it spits out a detailed allocation and performance report for each strategy in /data folder, these time series should be useful for your analysis, probably can import the csv into your own program

For a macro view you can also use the “performance log” and “ranking log” available from the backtest window, see here: https://logical-invest.com/quanttrader-application/portfolio-backtesting-builder-main-windows/

jeffpanc
    Participant

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for the response. I noticed there is an OOS and IS setting. Can I use these in some way to create a cross validation or walk forward test?

Regards,
    Jeff

Yes, see here how it works: https://logical-invest.com/walk-forward-testing-avoid-curve-fitting-backtesting/

This feature is still work in process, but we’re actively using it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.