Variable History Range still not working in QT

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Variable History Range still not working in QT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Richard Thomas
    Participant

Has anyone else had issues with trying to use the Variable History Range in QT.
    9 times out of 10 it generates an unhandled exception (because it thinks the date selected is out of range) and will not set the date variables so I have to go back to the fixed range. Sometimes I want to see how a strategy has performed during specific dates and to see its MaxDD during that time. I first highlighted this issue about 2 years ago and it still has not been fixed – very frustrating.

Mark Vincent
    Participant

Hello Richard this happens to me. To get around it I do the following:

1. Use your mouse to change the dates.
    2. Use the tab key to highlight Apply
    3. Hit enter (Don’t use your mouse to select Apply)

The above procedure works for me. There are a few other functionalities I use the tab keys and enter keys for and not the mouse. I cannot remember them.

Cheers,
    MV

I am working on this bug today.
    Regards Frank

I am not able to replicate such an error. I just tried about 50 date ranges without getting a single error. Can you give me a date range which results in an error.

Mark Vincent
    Participant

I cannot replicate this error anymore thanks Frank.

Richard Thomas
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    I set the dates from 12/31/2015 to 12/31/16 by using the drop down date menu to select the date rather than keying in the dates. I then select Apply Range using the mouse and I get the “Unhandled Exception” error message. Hope this helps,
    Richard

Richard Thomas
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    I tried your approach and I still get the Unhandled exception. When you change the dates do you key in the dates or use the drop down date menu?
    Regards,
    Richard

I tried the date range from 12/31/2015 to 12/31/16 with QuantTrader524S and I did not get an error with all our LI strategies. If this happens with a self made strategy than it would be helpful if you would zip and email me your QT folder to [email protected]. This error may be linked to a special set of ETFs.
    I wish you happy Easter
    Regards Frank

Mark Vincent
    Participant

Hello Richard I have tried both ways and it works for me.

Richard McKamie
    Participant

I have this problem a lot, too. I just got this error with NASDAQ 100 Hedged with version 524S. Dates are 1/1/2006 to 1/1/2010. I used Tingo to upload the data (if that makes a difference)

This has probably something to do with the different date formats between US and Europe as we do not have the problem here, but anyway we are currently looking into it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.