Misc and Backup

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Misc and Backup

This topic contains 103 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Vangelis 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author

vfurman
    Participant

Hello,

As a new QuantTrader user, I have several questions:

1. Is “LI Strategy of strategies” (the top-most item in the “Portofolio” drop-down) recommended for actual investment? I could not find any references to it on Logical Invest site.
    2. I would like to try using California Muni Bonds closed-end mutual funds in my portfolio as a hedge (instead or together with BRS), as I do not pay taxes on their distributions, effectively almost doubling their rate of return. It seems there is no way to configure this advantage into QuantTrader optimization algorithms, is this correct? Using volatility multiplier will be probably grossly incorrect?   Any workarounds you can propose?

Frank Grossmann
    Participant

Sorry for the late answer!
    You can use it, but I would manually look that you are well diversified if you want to be globally invested. QuantTrader does not know about this and it can well be that you end up invested near 100% for example in the US market.

You can add such a bond (for example CMF or PCQ) without problems to any strategy using QuantTrader. Mainly PCQ looks like a good ETF.

Calvin Elmore
    Participant

LI,

In Portfolio Builder the data on the the Relative Performance Chart stops at August 2016. In the Online and the XLS version.

Cheers!  Cal

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Cal, yes, still both tools are in maintenance. The online chart is fixed now, the Excel still needs some days.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Dear members of the QuantTrader community,

we’re currently evaluating a new logo for QuantTrader, please help us decide with your vote for the current shortlist:

https://99designs.com/contests/poll/3e5ki7

… and one more thing: Not a $1050 IPhone X (:-)), but there will be a price awarded by random among all participants, so leave your name in the vote or comment this post with your favorite (#47, 85, 77, 54, 91 or 22).

Winner will be announced by 9/24,

Happy voting,

Your Logical Invest Team

Jason
    Participant

I am learning the interface and the potentials of QuantTrader.

Is there a tutorial on how to setup to replicate the consolidated portfolio of say MaxDD 15% or Max Volatility? Thought that would be a good starting point to get me going in learning how to use QuantTrader. If anyone has that setup and can post the screenshot, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

you can put all necessary strategies into one meta-strategy and fix the min and max allocation of each strategies to the desired % allocation. See here: https://logical-invest.com/forums/topic/showing-off-the-best-strategies-and-portfolios/#post-38652

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

And the winner is this logo! We´ll announce the winning participant by email.

brwg
    Participant

Hi

I am a trial user. I enjoy very much my experiences so far. Thank you. I have a couple of questions:

(1) it possible to export any report from QuantTrader to see annual returns over every calendar year (like 20 years) an drawdown in each calendar year?

(2) Can the three charts (component performance, allocation, and cumulative performance of the strategies) be exported to an excel file?

I do see performance log but the records show monthly returns in the rebalance period. It will be great to be able to generate reports to cover the above (1) and (2).

thanks

brwg
    Participant

Hi

I am a trial user. I enjoy very much my experiences so far. Thank you. I have a couple of questions:

(1) it possible to export any report from QuantTrader to see annual returns over every calendar year (like 20 years) an drawdown in each calendar year?

(2) Can the three charts (component performance, allocation, and cumulative performance of the strategies) be exported to an excel file?

I do see performance log but the records show monthly returns in the rebalance period. It will be great to be able to generate reports to cover the above (1) and (2).

thanks

Thierry
    Participant

Hi,

I will soon go on a 3-week vacation in Europe and the June 1st rebalancing date will fall during that vacation.
    I’d like to avoid carrying my laptop through this trip but I depend on QuantTrader. Is there a way for me to access a copy of QuantTrader running in the cloud? I’d make a very light usage of it.
    In any case, I’ll have an Android-based tablet with me.
    At a minimum, I am interested in knowing the strategies recommended by the Strategy of Strategies.
    I am looking for a solution that is very reliable, for a stress-free rebalancing.
    Thanks.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

One way to do this is to set up a ‘virtual PC’ via the Amazon EC2 service and set up QuantTrader there. When you are on the road, you just connect using Microsoft Remote Desktop app from a tablet (or from a public PC) and can run QT as if you were in front of the computer.

This is what I do and it costs me around $14/month, for a small 24/7 Windows instance. You can also launch such an instance by hour, which would cost even less. This is very easy if you already have an Amazon account.

Well, thinking about it again, we could launch an instance as Logical Invest and then just give you access. That would be much easier.
    Let me check with Alex & Frank.

Thierry
    Participant

Well, I spent the best of two days trying to find my way around Amazon AWS. I was able to create an EC2 instance but I could not download QuantTrader from your Website to that instance. I was not able to figure out a way to upload a file to the instance either. Not sure how QuantTrader would be able to store updated quotes downloaded from the Web. I guess I’ll just have to carry my 15-inch laptop with me on vacation to rebalance on 6/1.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

launching an Ec2 instance for the first time is no small task, especially with windows giving you all kinds of permission problems. Not sure why you cannot download QT. If you are using explorer you should download Firefox (you may need to change IE permissions) and use that browser instead. The easiest way to exchange files is through a Dropbox or google drive account. There maybe an issue installing QT on a new windows server. If you want, email me directly, maybe I can help.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.