Misc and Backup

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Misc and Backup

Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Thierry
    Participant

Hi,

I will soon go on a 3-week vacation in Europe and the June 1st rebalancing date will fall during that vacation.
    I’d like to avoid carrying my laptop through this trip but I depend on QuantTrader. Is there a way for me to access a copy of QuantTrader running in the cloud? I’d make a very light usage of it.
    In any case, I’ll have an Android-based tablet with me.
    At a minimum, I am interested in knowing the strategies recommended by the Strategy of Strategies.
    I am looking for a solution that is very reliable, for a stress-free rebalancing.
    Thanks.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

One way to do this is to set up a ‘virtual PC’ via the Amazon EC2 service and set up QuantTrader there. When you are on the road, you just connect using Microsoft Remote Desktop app from a tablet (or from a public PC) and can run QT as if you were in front of the computer.

This is what I do and it costs me around $14/month, for a small 24/7 Windows instance. You can also launch such an instance by hour, which would cost even less. This is very easy if you already have an Amazon account.

Well, thinking about it again, we could launch an instance as Logical Invest and then just give you access. That would be much easier.
    Let me check with Alex & Frank.

Thierry
    Participant

Well, I spent the best of two days trying to find my way around Amazon AWS. I was able to create an EC2 instance but I could not download QuantTrader from your Website to that instance. I was not able to figure out a way to upload a file to the instance either. Not sure how QuantTrader would be able to store updated quotes downloaded from the Web. I guess I’ll just have to carry my 15-inch laptop with me on vacation to rebalance on 6/1.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

launching an Ec2 instance for the first time is no small task, especially with windows giving you all kinds of permission problems. Not sure why you cannot download QT. If you are using explorer you should download Firefox (you may need to change IE permissions) and use that browser instead. The easiest way to exchange files is through a Dropbox or google drive account. There maybe an issue installing QT on a new windows server. If you want, email me directly, maybe I can help.

Viewing 4 posts - 101 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.