Consolidated Signals

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Consolidated Signals

This topic contains 50 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  reuptake 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

To enhance the visibility, here a new thread. Please see former discussion here.

Richard
    Participant

Hello Alex,

Using the on line Signals Consolidation tool for monthly re-balancing today, I find that the allocation table columns are no longer sortable. Of course, the CSV download file can be sorted, but previously I found the ability to sort columns in the tool itself helpful and would like to see that feature enabled once again.

Regards, Richard

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hello Richard, I re-activated the option again – the default option was not putting the total in the last row, but now found a way. Hope that works for you, might need to do a CRTL+F5 to refresh.

Richard
    Participant

Hello Alex,

Works just fine! Many thanks.

Richard

Aati
    Participant

Hi Alex,

If I want to get the allocations for the Portfolio, MaxDD below 15%. Do I do get it online using the Consolidated Tool or do it by using the Excel sheet. I did it both ways and got a variance the Online tool says to purchase 10 shares of MDY (4.6%) , whereas the Excel sheet says to purchase 11 shares (5%).

Also on the LI website, under the Members area, when i click on Strategy Signals, I land on a page with all the strategies and their allocations, and it has two columns which show Entry and Exit dates. The Exit date says 10/5/2017, which is today’s date, I am not understanding this. Is this the date you Exit out of the strategy?

Thanks,

Vangelis
    Keymaster

Aati,
    Welcome!
    LI strategies trade monthly, in the beginning and end of the month. The only exception is MYRS that trades every 2 weeks. The exit day of the current month does not refer to when you should exit but rather it is today’s date (or the last day that we have updated data) so that we can keep track of performance from the last day of last month – to current day (month-to-date performance). Every time we update data the exit day will move to the current day, until we close the month. You should trade on or after the first of the month.
    I hope I did not confuse you more…
    I will let Alex respond about his baby, the portfolio builder :)
    Best,
    Vangelis

Aati
    Participant

Vangelis,

Thanks for clearing my confusion about the exit date. I have been reading up on various strategies and articles from the Academy. Did learn quite a bit from Morpeus, but I am leaning towards MaxDD<15%.

My question with regards to the Allocations is primarily, should I use the online tools from the Members Area or the downloadable Excel files?

Alex has been helping me answer questions via email.

Cheers!

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Aati, night shift is mine, so let me jump in. We┬┤re offering both the offline and online tools as our followers have different preferences, finally up to you to choose which you prefer.

The Excel tool comes with close prices from month-end – if you do not update them, while the online tool queries realtime prices once an hour, this explains smaller differences in shares.

Aati
    Participant

Thanks Alex. If that’s the case then I will stick with the online tools, much easier to use, and to start with I’ll stick with the available Portfolio Options.

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I am getting unusual stock prices. See attached Oct 2, 2017 Max Sharpe strategy. ISRG shows a symbol price of >$1000 yet the it trades at $360.. when i redownload today it gives the current share price.
    Thanks.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel, Yahoo reports a 3/1 share split on Oct 6, so this explains the difference. See here: https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/ISRG/history?p=ISRG, now prices are already back-adjusted.

daniel morton
    Participant

ok cool got thanks.

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I don’t see the mid-month signals for MYRS?
    Also, something I don’t understand is MYRS has ACWV and Max Sharpe includes a 7% allocation to MYRS, yet Max Sharpe doesn’t include any ACWV? did I miss something? Thanks.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Good Morning Daniel,

The MYRS mid-month signals are always published during the night/morning of the 16th (UST), so a couple of hours after your post – now are in, and no change in %.

Not sure I get your point about ACWV, it’s not part of MYRS. Please clarify.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

For those who download and use the “offline” Excel Signal Consolidation Tool, we are testing a new data source.
    The Excel downloads last price data from the IEX API service. This is in “beta” and was done as a result of Yahoo interrupting its intraday data service.
    If you have any issues getting correct prices let me know.

https://logical-invest.com/blog/strategy-signals-simple/ (click on “Consolidated Signals for November 15 2017”)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.