Consolidated Signals

Home » Topics » Logical Invest Forum » Consolidated Signals
Consolidated Signals 2017-09-30T15:57:55+00:00
  • Author
    Keymaster
    #46003 |

To enhance the visibility, here a new thread. Please see former discussion here.

• Richard

Hello Alex,

Using the on line Signals Consolidation tool for monthly re-balancing today, I find that the allocation table columns are no longer sortable. Of course, the CSV download file can be sorted, but previously I found the ability to sort columns in the tool itself helpful and would like to see that feature enabled once again.

Regards, Richard

• Alexander Horn
      Keymaster

Hello Richard, I re-activated the option again – the default option was not putting the total in the last row, but now found a way. Hope that works for you, might need to do a CRTL+F5 to refresh.

• Richard

Hello Alex,

Works just fine! Many thanks.

Richard

• Aati
    Participant

Hi Alex,

If I want to get the allocations for the Portfolio, MaxDD below 15%. Do I do get it online using the Consolidated Tool or do it by using the Excel sheet. I did it both ways and got a variance the Online tool says to purchase 10 shares of MDY (4.6%) , whereas the Excel sheet says to purchase 11 shares (5%).

Also on the LI website, under the Members area, when i click on Strategy Signals, I land on a page with all the strategies and their allocations, and it has two columns which show Entry and Exit dates. The Exit date says 10/5/2017, which is today’s date, I am not understanding this. Is this the date you Exit out of the strategy?

Thanks,

• Vangelis

Aati,
    Welcome!
    LI strategies trade monthly, in the beginning and end of the month. The only exception is MYRS that trades every 2 weeks. The exit day of the current month does not refer to when you should exit but rather it is today’s date (or the last day that we have updated data) so that we can keep track of performance from the last day of last month – to current day (month-to-date performance). Every time we update data the exit day will move to the current day, until we close the month. You should trade on or after the first of the month.
    I hope I did not confuse you more…
    I will let Alex respond about his baby, the portfolio builder 🙂
    Best,
    Vangelis

• Aati
      Participant

Vangelis,

Thanks for clearing my confusion about the exit date. I have been reading up on various strategies and articles from the Academy. Did learn quite a bit from Morpeus, but I am leaning towards MaxDD<15%.

My question with regards to the Allocations is primarily, should I use the online tools from the Members Area or the downloadable Excel files?

Alex has been helping me answer questions via email.

Cheers!

• Alexander Horn
      Keymaster

Hi Aati, night shift is mine, so let me jump in. We´re offering both the offline and online tools as our followers have different preferences, finally up to you to choose which you prefer.

The Excel tool comes with close prices from month-end – if you do not update them, while the online tool queries realtime prices once an hour, this explains smaller differences in shares.

• Aati
      Participant

Thanks Alex. If that’s the case then I will stick with the online tools, much easier to use, and to start with I’ll stick with the available Portfolio Options.

• daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

I am getting unusual stock prices. See attached Oct 2, 2017 Max Sharpe strategy. ISRG shows a symbol price of >$1000 yet the it trades at $360.. when i redownload today it gives the current share price.
    Thanks.

Attachments:
  • daniel morton
    Participant

ok cool got thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.