Cannot download historic data causing corruption in QT

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Cannot download historic data causing corruption in QT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Thomas
    Participant

I have just got the following error message when I started QT531S and selected “end of day data”.

“The Webserver has failed with the following message.
    The request was aborted. Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
    Historic Data Downloads is disabled and Local Data along with Current Prices ist used, if available. Do you want to download current prices?”

If I say No then I get 1 year of data up to my previous download of May 11.
    If I say Yes I get “Unhandled exception has occurred ….. object reference not set to an instance of an object”.
    If I select continue after this message I get into QT but the strategy screen just had a big red box with a cross in it and then I just get unhandled exceptions all over the place.

So basically I cannot use QT.

Please address this urgently as I have some volatile strategies that I rebalance weekly and obviously cannot implement these as QT is unusable.

I also couldn’t download Data from EOD a moment ago. On startup I switched to Tiingo to reload the data and this worked. Seems to be a problem at the EOD data supplier

Richard Thomas
    Participant

Hi Frank,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I managed to get everything working with Tiingo as well, so that got me around the problem, however maybe there needs to be some further checks in place so that if you do get into QT it doesn’t just throw up unhandled exceptions all over the place. An alternative would be to give the option to go straight back into the download selection to select another provider, with a suitable message.
    Richard

Mark Vincent
    Participant

Same thing happened to me Tingo for now.

Frank Grossmann
    Participant

I have uploaded a new QT version 532S. If you start the old one this one should download automatically. The version has updated server settings for EOD so that this downloads again now. I don’t see the Tiingo problem. Just 1 hour ago I was able to redownload the stocks from Tiingo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.