News/Announcements

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum News/Announcements

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Vangelis
    Keymaster

News and announcements.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

There is a problem with intraday Yahoo data. It seems the format has changed since November 1st 2017 and QunatTrader cannot download intraday data. We are working on a solution.

Don Krafft
    Participant

It appears that the Yahoo data is no longer available. Have you confirmed that the problem is just a format change?

Thanks,

Don Krafft

Petr Trauške
    Participant

Yahoo data is not still avaible. How long do you expected this situation ? For this time I use Portfolio Builder.

Thanks

Petr

Vangelis
    Keymaster

We found a solution and moved away from Yahoo data. Both QuantTrader and the Consolidated Excel sheet use IEX for last price data.

We’ve created a new download page for QuantTrader updates, please see here.

Petr Trauške
    Participant

Thanks Alex, Vangelis.

Petr

Howard
    Participant

Hi, how do we look at the historical etf allocation for each strategy in the new portal? Tks

We changed the former list to a graphical visualization. Simply click on “Allocation” or “Holding” in the graph to see the allocations at strategy and/or ETF level.

See Here

Howard
    Participant

got it thanks

Kai Jiang
    Participant

Hello, can somebody tell me what holding price is in portfolio Allocations section on the new site? They look random to me. The price for UGLD is listed as $7.87?. Should it be open price of the holding on the first trading day of the month? Please correct me if I am wrong. My main concern here is that the monthly performance calculations are not working properly or there is some issue with current pricing data feed. And I have to stick with the old spreadsheet.

Holding Weight Amount Price Shares
    CA – 6% $6,000 $42.83 140
    ESRX – Express Scripts 6% $6,000 $94.87 63
    EUO – ProShares UltraShort Euro 4% $4,000 $24.56 162
    FOXA – Twenty-First Century Fox 6% $6,000 $44.62 134
    GLD – SPDR Gold Trust 12% $12,000 $114.48 104
    NLR – VanEck Vectors Uranium & Nuclear Energy ETF 27% $27,000 $52.53 513
    SBUX – Starbucks 6% $6,000 $56.01 107
    TLT – iShares 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF 27% $27,000 $113.35 238
    UGLD – VelocityShares 3x Long Gold ETN 6% $6,000 $7.87 762
    Total 100%

Vangelis
    Keymaster

Thanks for pointing this out. It has been fixed.

R D HATHCOCK
    Participant

Vangelis,
    I have a question about the hedge. I have added VXX into the QT for UIS 3x. It is selected 90% of the time over 3 years. Have you looked into that as a hedge?

Vangelis
    Keymaster

In principal we avoid going long VXX as it is a long time looser (graph goes to zero). We actually base MYRS on this fact by investing in it’s almost opposite, ZIV. I did try VXX in UIS 3x and if you do not change the settings (DR algo and add VXX as last ETF) the software assumes VXX is the hedge (DR algorithm always includes allocation to the hedge) so it always includes it in the allocation. If you shift the algo to SR and use top 2 ETFs you will get different results.
    Adding VXX was not a disaster. I would expect much worse. It actually helps in recent history. It would be interesting looking into it more. I also tried VXZ with not such good results.
    Soon we will be able to include any reasonable custom strategy that you build (ie, 3xUIS_VXX) in our webapp. All we would need is a XXX_Strategy.ini file from you and we could track it on our online app.

Kai Jiang
    Participant

Can we use decimal number for holding weight column? Otherwise total weight of conservative and aggressive risk portfolio for November looks like 102%.

Strategy locations of Moderate Risk Portfolio
    NAS100 – NASDAQ 100 Strategy 38%
    GLD-USD – Gold-Currency Strategy 22%
    USSECT – U.S. Sector Rotation Strategy 40%

Why there is no ETF holdings (EUO/GLD) from Gold-Currency Strategy?

Thanks for the comment, have added one decimal to the holding.

Here the updated allocation viw for the moderate portfolio, see the holdings of GLD and EUO:

Allocations

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.