QT Light using Netflix and omitting Micron Technologies ?

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum QT Light using Netflix and omitting Micron Technologies ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Aati
    Participant

For Nasdaq 100 Hedged, the Strategy Signals uses MU, DLTR, ROST, STX

But QT Light Consolidated Signals uses NFLX, DLTR,ROST, STX

Can someone please confirm, I have the latest version of QT light. Thanks

Vangelis
    Keymaster

The signals for the 15th rebalance are published on the site the next morning (16th). What you are seeing on the site are the allocations that were calculated and published on Feb 1st. When you run QT, it gives you the theoretical current signals as if you were to rebalance today (which you may choose to do on the 15th). They will usually differ from the signals it gave on the 1st. Hope this helps.

Aati
    Participant

Hi Vans,

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that only the MYRS strategy rebalanced on the 1st and the 15th. Is the Nasdaq 100 Hedged strategy also going to rebalance on the 1st and 15th?

Vangelis
    Keymaster

Your impression is correct. I got carried away thinking we were discussing MYRS.
    Only MYRS rebalance twice a month. All other strategies, including the Nasdaq 100, rebalance monthly.

Aati
    Participant

Hi Vans,

Still not clear on this, the monthly Strategy Signals for Nasdaq100 says to invest in DLTR, MU, ROST, STX but for the same strategy in QT light says AMZN, CSCO, NFLX, STX ??

Vangelis
    Keymaster

Hi Aati,

True, this is a bit confusing and undocumented so here’s a short explanation:
    Our methodology is to rebalance on the last day of the month. To see what this allocation is for this month (ie, the signal produced on the last day of January), you go to Allocations–>Invested tab. This will show you what you would be invested in had you followed the signal on Jan 31th. On the other hand, QT calculates allocations on every new data, ie every day. So if you were to rebalance today, you would use the Allocations–>Actual tab and the allocation would be different from the allocation at the turn of the month. This give the flexibility for users to rebalance on any day of the month.

Aati
    Participant

Hi Vans,

Thanks for the explanation and clearing my confusion. Also realized that when I was running QT light using end of period close I got assets which matched the consolidated signals, and when I used QT light with close of day and intra day prices I got different ETFs.

So, if I am not able to re balance on the 1st of the month, I should run QT light with the End of Day option and invest in the newly determined calculations, instead of the strategy signals sent via email and listed on the site, correct?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.