Getting Started

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Getting Started

This topic contains 37 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Alexander Horn 6 days, 12 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

StefanM
    Participant

Hi LI team,

I have enjoyed using QT in my trial period and have some observations:

1. I struggled to find a detailed explanation of how to interpret the QT Optimiser report (’50 shades of grey…’):
    1.1 For example, I assume the red block in the report is the Optimiser’s choice of lookback and attentuator?
    1.2 How do we tell if the portfolio is stable over the backtest period?

2. Do you have a link/video on how to create substrategies (along the lines of ‘the beast’ algo from Tom Gnade)?

3. For QT susbscribers, am I correct in understanding there may be the option for 1 to 1 training in Switzerland (being closest to my location in London)?

Thanking you in advance.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

regarding 1) we´re just doing some video tutorials and will cover the optimizer in detail. Same to 2) not yet, in progress.

For 3) training, I´m sure Frank will happily meet with you when around Zurich area. But either of us can walk you through using Skype at anytime.

trr
    Participant

Has anyone managed to get QuantTrader to work on a MacBook? — perhaps using a PC emulator or something?

reuptake
    Participant

[quote quote=51822]Has anyone managed to get QuantTrader to work on a MacBook? — perhaps using a PC emulator or something?

[/quote]

It runs under Parallels quite well.

Vangelis
    Keymaster

I own 2 macs with windows installed via bootcamp. QuantTrader runs fine on both. I also keep a small Amazon aws EC2 instance running windows 24/7 that I can remotely connect from anywhere and run QuantTrader (as well as other windows apps, costs around $14/month). This is good solution since you can connect from a borrowed laptop or even a smartphone and get the signals from anywhere.

Gordon Cooper
    Participant

[quote quote=50356]

1) we´re just doing some video tutorials and will cover the optimizer in detail. Same to 2) not yet, in progress.

[/quote]

Hi Alex-

Regarding your Feb 23, 2018 post above….can you provide a link to any video tutorials covering optimization?

Thanks,

Gordon

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

We’re reopening this thread to improve the structure of the forum

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.