Data has changed and will be lost if you continue

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Data has changed and will be lost if you continue

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Thomas
    Participant

When exiting QT from the Portfolio window I sometimes get the warning message “Data has changed and will be lost if you continue”.

I often look at multiple portfolios and run optimizer for different time periods, so how can I know what data has been changed?

I cannot see a “save” button so how do I save my work – and what is it exactly that is being saved?

Frank Grossmann
    Participant

“Data has changed” means that you have changed some parameters of a strategy – for example the look-back period. To save the changed parameters you have to click the “Update” button. The “Revert” button will always go back to the saved parameters. For example you can optimize or change manually a parameter and look at the result using the “Apply” button. Now if you don’t like the result you click on “Revert” to go back to the saved version.
    If you have changed some parameters and did not save them with the “Update” button, then you will get the “Data has changed and will be lost if you continue” message if you change to another strategy because your changes will not be saved.

Richard Thomas
    Participant

Thanks Frank, that makes sense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.