Custom Dates (back-testing) in QuantTrader?

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Custom Dates (back-testing) in QuantTrader?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TOM
    Participant

Good day to all,

I am a “newbie” to QuantTrader and enjoying the program. It is very intuitive and most of my difficulties are self inflicted…

One area I have been unable to find is the ability to use a “custom dates” option of back-testing strategies and meta strategies.

The reason I would like to do this is based on Frank’s New Year’s letter noting the likelihood of inflation and volatility returning to the markets. Simple back-testing does not help with forward-planning when the investment environment has a strong likelihood of change.

So, I would like to test my strategies & meta strategies during times when similar events occurred. For example, I would like to back-test a meta strategy over an isolated period when inflation was increasing, or when there was a prolonged correction in the overall markets, etc.

Perhaps the ability to check performance over a specified time period is available and I just haven’t found it – need some help here… If not, IMO, the option in the back-testing box to select a specific date range is a much needed and valuable feature.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

reuptake
    Participant

Date range selection

TOM
    Participant

(and to think, I was only 1 click away…) Thanks, onward and upward!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.