Adding crypto to LI ports/strategies

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Adding crypto to LI ports/strategies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ned Weiner
    Participant

I was wondering if you are working on incorporating crypto into any of your portfolios? I am new to crypto so am hesitant to do this on my own. Perhaps using GBTC and/or the ETH equivalent or holding crypto traditionally vis Coinbase or my own wallet (which I know very little about)? I feel compelled to explore this and having guidance from your team would be invaluable.

Thanks!

Ned

Vangelis
    Keymaster

I proposed a permanent portfolio back in January that includes Bitcoin on my personal site: https://sanzprophet.com/2020/01/bitcoin-plus-harry-browns-permanent-portfolio-a-mix-in-heaven/

If there is demand we can incorporate and track it here at LI as a portfolio.

As for guidance I’ll be glad to help our. An easy way to start is to open a Coinbase account and just transfer funds from your bank or broker via ACH, then buy Bitcoin. Other options include Gemini, itBit or even BlockFi (pays interest on you holdings). If you have access to futures you can also buy CME’a future contract.

Of course you can eventually hold your own BTC in a hardware wallet but starting from a U.S. regulated and reputable exchange is a good start.

Ned Weiner
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I am certainly interested in you adding the portfolio/strategy with BTC to the LI offerings. Maybe you will consider also adding it to portfolios like the max vol<15 and others?

Ned

MisterYu
    Participant

Second that, now that even Paypal supports BTC, it’s probably reasonable to consider it a hedging alternative for the hedged strategies?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.