A newbie’s reflections

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum A newbie’s reflections

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Peticolas
    Participant

Logical Invest seems like a very idiosyncratic organization. On the one hand, they can take a long time to get back to you on questions. I find their software difficult to use and understand. Some of their strategies and portfolios are just adapted from other peoples’.

On the other hand, I can’t touch historical returns on some of their strategies. Their NASDAQ 100 is outstanding. It’s hardly unique. Almost all sytematic traders have some version of a NASDAQ 100 strategy. Most of them, though, boost their Sharpe ratio with a regime filter, simply exiting the market once a downturn is in progress. Theirs has some means of rotating to less risky value stocks, and that difference in strategy makes a big difference in risk-adjusted returns.

Although its advantages are not as clear, I rather like the top three strategy. This gives more diversification than the NASDAQ 100, often incorporates the NASDAQ 100 and still provides a good risk/return profile. There are several other strategies that have quite credible results. One “sore thumb” is the Crypto & Leveraged Top 2 strategy. These are the worst metrics I’ve seen on a “published as credible” strategy. I guess they felt pressure to come up with something in the crypto space.

Overall, there is enough to keep me here, though. Best to stick with the better risk-adjusted returns and mind your diversification. Event risk can tank an individual stock.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.