Viewing daily portfolio performance

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Viewing daily portfolio performance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Charlie Moore
    Participant

Hi,

Apologies if this has been discussed, but I was not able to find it in the forum.

In older versions of QT, I used to be able to hover on the performance graph and see that day’s portfolio performance in the pop-up window. In the current version it only shows the rebalance period performance. I miss the option to see daily performance, especially when I am looking at backtests to see how the portfolio did during market extremes.

Is there a way for me to view the daily portfolio performance?

Thanks.

Hi Charlie,

we switched to the new presentation of results during the rebalance period due to feedback from other users, the former daily results seemed to be too detailed and confusing.

So for the time being you can only view the daily performance graphically (not the exact values) if you select some weeks for the chart range.

I hope this is acceptable as a compromise.

Charlie Moore
    Participant

I was afraid it was a change due to user requests. So, now you have users requesting opposite features. That’s the problem with us users.

How about a slightly different compromise? Keep everything as is, but add a menu item that brings up a table, in a separate window, of the daily results displayed in the bottom pane. This could be 7 columns and the rows limited to the timeframe displayed. The columns would be date, portfolio daily performance, portfolio daily return, benchmark 1 daily performance, benchmark 1 daily return, benchmark 2 daily performance, benchmark 2 daily return.

Yes, a new feature request and I’m sure you have plenty already. But as I mentioned, I find this information very valuable for researching how my test portfolio’s would have responded on particular days. Another challenge is that the current performance graph is relative to the extremes of the displayed portfolio. When comparing across portfolios this can fool your eye, unless you pay attention to the high/low values.

In the meantime, I discovered the #{portfolio}.csv file which has the portfolio performance and return. The added feature request is to row limit it and add in the benchmark values.

Thanks for considering.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exit mobile version