MiFiD II – SPXL, TMF & ZIV not approved in the EU

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum MiFiD II – SPXL, TMF & ZIV not approved in the EU

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StefanM
    Participant

Hi all,

I am a new subscriber to 3x UIS from the UK. Due to MiFiD II coming into force in the EU on 3rd January 2018, SPXL and TMF (as well as ZIV) cannot be purchased by UK-based self-administered pension funds as they are not yet MiFiD II compliant.

Direxion are aware of this and anticipate compliance in the next 3-6 months.

Have any other EU subcribers experienced this issue?

Are there any other EU/MiFiD II approved ETFs that anyone is using that might be suitable substitutes for SPXL, TMF and ZIV?

Thanks

Frank Grossmann
    Participant

If you have a margin account, then you can do leverage just by buying 3x the amount of the unleveraged ETFs. There are also many leveraged products in Europe as a replacement of these ETFs. Look for example for the “Faktor Zertifikate” of the German Commerzbank. Always compare the charts to be sure that you replace our ETFs with a matching European ETF

mk
    Participant

Hello,

are there any news? I cannot find a replacement for ZIV.

Thanks.

Frank1 Grossmann
    Keymaster

I also did not find an European ETF to replace ZIV, however there are many ways to replace the 3x leveraged ETFs for example with “Faktor-Zertifikate”. I checked myself and I see that I can trade ZIV here in Switzerland on my IB, Saxo and Swissquote platform. So perhaps it is just a question of Broker.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Exit mobile version