Well, we had this on our list for 2017 (evidence here thanks to Marcin!), so even if now only a couple of hours remain for our European followers, and we definitely failed our readers for Asia, we’re to our standards perfectly on time for our subscribers from North and South America:
QuantTrader with most functionalities will now be available for our
“All-Strategies” subscribers at no additional cost!
Thanks to your continuous input and feedback we’ve built a special edition of QuantTrader to enable you to:
- Generate signals on your preferred day so you’re not bound to the firm monthly cycle and do not have to wait for our signal emails. We still advocate to keep a monthly cycle, e.g. trading at or around the month-end, but with QuantTrader you can now find your own rhythm and cycle to trade either before, on or after the month-end, or even change your trading day when you are for example on business travel or holidays.
- Cut signals intraday before close to trade at close. This probably is one of the main critique points during 2017: Why do signal subscribers have to delay trading into next opening, while performance of our strategies is calculated at the month-end close. Well, we still believe this is not a killing argument based on our research, but we do understand the psychological importance of trading at close of the month-end, especially when it’s about going relaxed into the weekend.
- Get the consolidated signals for your preferred portfolio, that is, a blend of different strategies. This is very much as in our Online Portfolio Builder and Consolidated signals, but now you can also save your preferred portfolio allocation, something we were not able to deliver so far in the online version. More on this functionality with practical steps in a separate post.
- Backtest the pre-configured, Markowitz optimized portfolios during the last years, zoom into any time window and see allocation graphs. In the next days we will once again run the optimization for certain volatility and drawdown constrained portfolios, in addition to the classical minimum volatility and maximum Sharpe ratio portfolios, and make these available in QuantTrader to our “All Strategies” and QuantTrader Premium subscribers.
So, what’s the catch, where are the strings attached versus a full QuantTraders subscription? The limitations of this “light” version are the following:
- This QuantTrader version does not allow you to edit the existing or add new components to a strategy. So if your pension plan caters only a limited list of ETF or only Mutual Funds, you probably want to give the premium version a 30 days free trial to verify the signals with different instruments.
- You can edit, view and backtest all available strategies and portfolios, but cannot save changed parameters like lookback, sensitivity to volatility, algorithm. This means the default backtests will be according to the strategy signals as we most recently published, any change must be entered manually on each load.
- It is not possible to create own strategies or portfolios thereof, so for example you cannot create or use some of the amazing portfolios explained in the “Showing-off” section of the QuantTrader forum.
We truly believe that enabling our “all strategies” subscribers to use QuantTrader to generate their signals is a fair response to one of the most requested features, while keeping some of the most sophisticated functionality limited to the premium QuantTrader subscribers allows us to further accelerate the development of the software thanks to the community.
How do I get started? Where do I sign up?
The accounts of our “All Strategies” subscribers have already been enabled to download and use QuantTrader. Simply download the last version from the Download Page, and use your account username and password to log-in and get started. You can use our QuantTrader online-help to find your way across the different windows, and further input from the community at the QuantTrader forum.
We’ll publish more in the next days on how to effectively and efficiently use QuantTrader to set-up your portfolio and re-balance in less than 15 minutes a month.
For the remaining hours, wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2018!
Your Logical Invest team.