Consolidated Signals

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Consolidated Signals

This topic contains 50 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  reuptake 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

UkiwiS
    Participant

I signed up about 5 weeks ago and structured my portfolio based on the “max 15% Max vol” radio button. My year to date return is now a staggering -8.60%…oh well, never mind. I only hope it doesn’t get too much worse. I’m lamenting my poor timing.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Indeed, would also appreciate a time travel to Jan 2017 right now :-)

reuptake
    Participant

[quote quote=49858]I signed up about 5 weeks ago and structured my portfolio based on the “max 15% Max vol” radio button. My year to date return is now a staggering -8.60%…oh well, never mind. I only hope it doesn’t get too much worse. I’m lamenting my poor timing.
    [/quote]

I’ve subscribed much earlier, but just this month I’ve put considerably more funds into new mix of strategies. Of course I’ve checked volatility, drawdown and so on for the last 10 years. And guess what? The max drawdown in live trading set new maximum on the third day of trading!

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

I can surely understand the frustration looking at my own account!

This probably took all by surprise, but here is the thing: As many followers will recall, we were in a similar situation in August 2015 – when some stepped out, and missed the recovery and right part of the chart in 2016 and 2017.

MYRS History

Indeed this marks a new max drawdown for MYRS from the top on Jan 8th. But the move is so far well within the historical volatility range of MYRS. If the VIX term-curve keeps on coming down this might look much better at the rebalancing day end of next week. Stepping out at current lows is not recommended.

UkiwiS
    Participant

I was a little concerned with ZIV not trading and various people saying it was going to be de-listed. I have to admit these were on sites I’d be better off not reading!

Thanks Alex for the perspective to counter my reality check.

reuptake
    Participant

I’m more astonished than frustrated (and I don’t even have have MYRS in my portfolio) :)

Most of my losses are from 3xUIS strategy which is much more exposed to equities than UIS. Why is that? I know there could be a difference between UIS/3xUIS, but this time 3xUIS is much less hedged than UIS.

Overall I’m optimistic. Nothing changed fundamentally.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.