Consolidated Signals

Home Forums Logical Invest Forum Consolidated Signals

This topic contains 50 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  reuptake 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Thanks, ok understood re. timing.

ACWV – Agreed, I didn’t think it was part of MYRS either. I ran consolidated signals yesterday under Maximum Yield (unless I made a mistake) and it allocated to 70% to ACWV and 30% CWB. If possible I would suggest in the export that it includes the Total it shows what the custom portfolio is in some abbreviated version. Or you can see my log file if I or system made a mistake. Should be easy to find under my name search was for $500K USD.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

yesterday you queried twice the Max Sharpe portfolio, where ACWV is included, and today only MYRS. Good hint, will try to include the strategies of the custom query, give me some days.

Overall is the tool now easier to handle? Any feedback is appreciated.

P.D. The log is only for this kind of analysis, not doing anything else with the data and delete it regularly. Can use donald@duck.com as email input if any concern :-)

daniel morton
    Participant

Thanks Alex. hmmm, that doesn’t seem to explain it. So assume I made a mistake and selected max sharpe 2 issues 1) it would not be allocated 70/30 to just 2 stocks? also, it is labelled custom portfolio whereas Max Sharpe I believe would be labelled as such on the excel output file. My guess (again a guess) is this is similar to the previous time it is saying calculated but it isn’t. Maybe a log file isn’t recording everything. I used a screen copy otherwise I can download going forward. Perhaps in any file downloaded you can include some info about the search query/timestamp etc… to be able to debug.

Yes, tool easier. if there are funds to not be invested then I would suggest having a ticker for cash (perhaps there is one).

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Are the CROC purchase signals in Max Sharpe/Min volatility correct? I don’t recall seeing CROC purchases. I am not sure how I would check. I would need to look at each strategy and then each security in each strategy unless there is another way. thanks.

Nelson Brady
    Participant

Wow, start working on the re-allocation and the announcement about Flynn completely trashes all the numbers. I expect the new allocations would change if done again now.

How often are the prices updated? Is there a way to force a new price update? In the browser tool not excel.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

the Gold/Currency switched to 50% CROC, and indeed that’s the first time since 2015, see here: https://logical-invest.com/portfolio-items/the-gold-etf-currency-strategy/

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Nelson, indeed, quite some movements last days, and today once again. Prices in the online tool are updated once an hour.

daniel morton
    Participant

Thanks Alex. Is there anyone else offering managed account services than EPG? I pay 0.8% on pretty active bond managed funds where there is daily credit/leverage analysis. The managed account LI is essentially an automated order execution platform. I would prefer to pay you guys. If there isn’t another investment advisor, anyway to automate it with IB? Thanks.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

for the time being EPG is the only adviser offering our strategies under MAs, we´re discussing some other options, but not yet ready. Pricing is a question of scale, we´ll definitely reduce the % once reaching some 40-50m USD – but not yet there. For a 150k amount the 0.9% is close to a wash for our all strategy subscribers, only 30 USD more a month to have your account managed, we feel that´s not bad to start with, but indeed will share future scale effects with our subscribers.

In IB I use the “Rebalance Portfolio” tool, where you can simply upload the tickers and target % to rebalance. It then creates the orders, which you can default to “IB Algo Adaptive” in your config, and just let them run with one click. I do not want to fully automate this as it takes some practice and always should be monitored by the account holder. But after some practice you can rebalance in just 5 minutes or so.

Attached the CSV for rebalancing a Max CAGR <15% Vola portfolio as of yesterday. After uploading you just have to review other positions, e.g. set YCS to cero, or adjust % down if you´re not trade 100% of your account with this allocations, e.g. have other positions.

Here the help in IB: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=20160

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Great thanks, that is the tool I need.

Patrick
    Keymaster

I am considering trying out M1 Finance to manage a LI portfolio. They charge 0.15% for accounts over $100k and NO transaction fee. You create a portfolio, called a pie, and then assign percentages to each slice. Each slice can be another pie, such as an LI strategy, or individual security. Then you just update the holdings in each pie (strategy) and click rebalance. My only concern is that they use market orders so there could be significant slippage on some of the lower volume ETFs. They claim to mitigate slippage by splitting orders into smaller chunks.

reuptake
    Participant

[quote quote=47976]Hi Alex,

Great thanks, that is the tool I need.

[/quote]

Yeah, it’s fantastic tool, I can’t live without it. And sometimes I have to, since it’s not available in mobile version of their app. I wrote them asking to introduce it on mobile, too. If anyone could ask them the same, it could be helpful.

daniel morton
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Happy New Year. Is there any way to make the export tool from consolidated signals in the format for IB import? so similar to you offering CSV, Excel, PDF, offer IB? separately, have you considered adding any stop losses on the strategies? It seems there should always be some downside mitigation the only issue is how much downside. Thanks.

Alexander Horn
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,

let me see if I can export in the IB format, but actually it’s probably quicker and safer if you do manually. My biggest concern is safety, e.g. prefer everybody spending a minute more and making a conscious reality check before uploading. For example if you’re holding other stuff in your account beside LI strategies (let’s say 70% LI, 30% others) you must manually reduce the percentages in the upload file to total 70%, and either set the other percentages to total 30% or leave them blank in the IB Portfolio Rebalance tool.

The format itself is simple just 5 columns with 2nd being ETF/Symbol, 3rd exchange (SMART) and 4th the %allocation, example:
    DES, GLD, STK, SMART/AMEX,11.4

Attached an example file, what I normally do is to download/export the current allocation and then fiddle in the new percentages, save as csv, import, trigger orders, set to IBAlgo (if not default), adjust limits, pray, count to ten, and hit transmit..

I very much enjoy automating things, but this 5 minute routine makes me sleep better .. and protects me from divorce.. :-)

Re limit orders: Yes we’ve backtested many different options, but it always boils down to getting whipsawed, e.g. selling low and missing re-entry. With the “mini-crashes” we had more frequently in recent years this can happen in question of some minutes.

If you want to protect “tail-risks”, e.g. harsh crashes better do a free or low-cost collar with options, e.g. buy -10% long term (6mo, 1yr) puts and finance them (partially) selling +10% (or lower) calls. Can do this free or for around 1% of assets depending on protection, and with the low volatility and upside skew it’s a good time.

daniel morton
    Participant

Thanks Alex. Yes, I understand it might be quick to do manually but my experience with excel/trading is that I prefer to spend the time on checking/reviewing rather than doing any manual changes, that is where we (I) make mistakes. If you have IRAs, different accounts etc… you could have 3+ places to rebalance. Again my preference would be a 3rd party but 0.8% is too high as I mentioned before for just execution. Numbers work on $100K investment but not on $1M.
    Sorry I didn’t understand the tail risk, what security are you referring to?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.